Nate NeadPrincipal & Managing Member
Nate Nead is an experienced M&A advisor and investment banker who has successfully managed numerous middle-market deals in real estate, software, hardware, digital marketing, agribusiness, consumer products, professional services and oil & gas. An experienced entrepreneur, Nate has founded, operated and exited several digital media, SaaS and software companies, growing them from startup to multi-million dollar market leaders. He brings a wealth of both operational and transactional understanding to the InvestmentBank.com team.
In the last decade Nate has effectuated over 120mm in divestitures for clients, creating exits well above owners’ expectations through strategic sell-side auctions. His sell-side work in oil & gas, business consulting and software & technology has helped to garner valuations as high as 40% above fair market value with EBITDA multiples as high as 14x. Nate’s experience in running broad, strategic auctions has assisted entrepreneurs and long-standing business owners consistently exceed their best expectations.
- Exit Strategy formulation and implementation: Working with business leaderships to develop and evaluate a range of exit options and establish the optimum value realization strategy.
- Value Maximization: Developing a disciplined auction with both strategic and financial buyers, bolstering business value and achieving higher multiples and better overall deal terms.
- Process Development & Management: Helping business leaders develop, manage and improve business processes to realize better operational and revenue efficiencies.
- Growth Strategy: Working with Business Leaders to develop and implement growth strategies, including growth capital procurement with the purpose of building next-stage companies and enhanced overall value.
Nate received his undergraduate degree in Business Entrepreneurship with minors in Chemistry and Biology from Brigham Young University and his MBA in Finance from the University of Washington. He holds his Series 79, 82 and 63 FINRA licenses. Nate resides in Snoqualmie, Washington with his wife and three energetic daughters. Nate is a Pacific Northwest native who loves everything outdoors.
David LopezDirector of Business Development
David is a seasoned M&A advisor and entrepreneur with a successful track-record of getting deals done. His experience encompasses over 10 years of working alongside CEO’s to facilitate corporate finance initiatives that seek to: Maximize Shareholder Value; Establish Synergistic Partnerships; Fundraise Private Capital; Execute Growth Goals; and Pursue Exit Strategies, resulting in excess of $250MM+ of enterprise value created.
Throughout his career David has always looked to be a trusted value-added partner to his client’s by offering: Merger and Acquisition; Capital Fundraising; and Strategic Advisory Services to: Healthcare, Information Technology, Medical Device, Food & Business Service Companies with $10MM – $100MM in revenues.
Prior to his work as an M&A advisor David was founder and managing partner of a multi-modality healthcare startup that involved diagnosing and rehabilitating patients with dizziness and balance disorders as well as providing a full-service audiology and hearing-aid dispensing practice, which he helped grow and eventually exited through the sale of his founder shares.
David has an undergraduate degree in Economics from York University Toronto, is a Certified Mergers & Acquisition Advisor, Licensed Real Estate Agent and lives with his wife in Orange County California where they enjoy hiking, exploring new restaurants, and planning their next foreign trip. David is also passionate about soccer and spends many weekends officiating competitive youth and adult games as a state licensed referee with hopes of progressing to the professional leagues.
Corbin BridgeMBA, Associate
Corbin Bridge developed his skills in financial analysis, marketing, business development and operations while working for startups in the cloud computing, affiliate marketing, real estate and blockchain/cryptocurrency industries. He also gained valuable marketing and big data experience while working for a leading international gaming and entertainment company in Las Vegas, NV.
Prior to joining InvestmentBank.com in 2018, Corbin worked with a media auditing firm to plan and implement a growth via acquisition initiative. He assisted the management in formulating the strategy and led the process of identify and engaging with qualified targets. Corbin’s personal passion lies in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry and he brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- - Initial Coin Offerings: Working with Business Leaders to develop the token economics and marketing strategy for a successful ICO.
- - Sell-Side M&A: Guiding seller’s management team through the sell-side process and negotiating with buyers to achieve optimal results for the seller.
- - Startup Formation and Growth Strategy: Assisting startups with entity formation, business plan development and designing the initial growth strategy including sourcing growth capital.
Corbin received his undergraduate degree in International Business with a minor in Chinese (Mandarin) and his MBA in Finance from the University of Nevada-Las Vegas. Corbin has passed Level III of the HSK and he continues to work on improving his Mandarin. He resides in Las Vegas, NV with his wife and enjoys long runs and cycling as frequently as possible.
Cameron is a Orange County native whose first-hand experience of the finance industry motivated him to advise on small business corporate transactions. As an Analyst for InvestmentBank.com, Cameron constantly works to make sure the deal process is inclusive and transparent.
Advisors & Investors
Carl ChristensenMBA, VP Finance
Carl Christensen is an experienced corporate finance professional with more than 10 years of financial and operational experience. He has served as Chief Financial Officer for two separate events and entertainment companies with gross revenues of over $60M. As CFO, he facilitated numerous buy-side M&A sourcing and integration projects, growing gross revenues by over 30%. He has deep experience in business strategy, financial modeling and operations.
Carl held previous positions at both Goldman Sachs and Deloitte where he advised clients on corporate strategy, investment banking and mergers and acquisitions in consumer products, ecommerce, real estate, retail and financial services. As an entrepreneur, Carl has numerous private business holdings and has also facilitated many of his own successful business exits.
- - Financial Consulting: Interim CFO services for companies looking toward their next capital/transaction event.
- - Sell-Side Exit Strategy: Direct strategy assistance with business owners for preparing corporate financial positioning prior to M&A.
- - Buy-Side Value Maximization: Developing a disciplined and custom-tailored approach for acquisitive buyers looking to grow by acquisition.
- - Process Implementation: Assisting management in developing and implementing proven processes for maximizing revenue and operational efficiencies with an eye toward transactions.
Carl received his undergraduate degree in Accounting from the University of Utah and his MBA in Finance from Brigham Young University. Carl resides in Salt Lake City, Utah with his wife and four children.
Steve PlimptonManaging Director
Since graduating from Harvard in 1997 (cum laude, psychology), Steve has contributed to a variety of commercial and non-profit organizations. He has helped build teams and businesses across a wide range of industries through expert leadership, front-line business development, sales and strategy. Steve has worked in the financial services sector and investment banking Since 2004.
Steve has also had the good fortune to travel extensively (for business and pleasure) and accumulate a range of experiences and skills. For example, he has earned a pilot’s license in Alaska, has gone on safari in Africa, has traveled by canal boat through Burgundy, has earned certificates in bartending and life coaching, has performed two weddings, has played in a professional rock band, has hiked numerous mountain ranges, and bungee-jumped. Most meaningful to Steve is being a husband and a dad of two boys. Steve also serves on the lay leadership (aka vestry) of his church and as a volunteer coach for some his boys’ sports.
- - Founding partner of two successful firms: a merchant bank and a fund manager
- - Worked with founding CEO and shareholders to turn around a tech-enabled investment bank
- - Raised ~$600M for registered and exempt securities from retail and institutional investors; part of teams responsible for raising over $1.2B
- - Served as head of investment banking, head of sales and Chief Compliance Officer
- - Developed strategy and process for a range of financial products and services, including alternative investment fund development and distribution (wholesale and institutional); investment banking (M&A and capital raise); and crowdfunding platform finance
- - Presented at numerous conferences and seminars for both financial professionals and the general public on topics ranging from investing, investment products, sales and compliance
Steve graduated cum laude from Harvard College in psychology. He resides in New Jersey with his wife and two boys.
Middle Market Business & Financial Advisory
Our expert advisors establish an executable plan for healthy company growth and value-added exit from our clients’ legacy businesses. In addition, our advisement network can help assist you in a myriad of business structure, planning, investment, tax and exit strategies to help give you the maximum ROI.
When it comes to region and market-specific deals, our team works with a handful of knowledgeable and professional partners. Our partnerships have been forged through years of providing expert M&A, private equity and recapitalization advisory services to clients across the country.
Our clients have often spent years working to establish businesses which gave them the financial freedom to fulfill their largest aspirations. However, in many instances at the time when many managers wish to retire, they feel the business may need them more than ever. Similarly, there are also vibrant entrepreneurs who may be seeking funding to establish a business plan and niche for growth in unrecognized areas of opportunity. Deal Capital helps to work with the budding entrepreneur and the seasoned veteran, even bringing them together with investment opportunities and strategies that maximize growth.